Most Common Car Accidents Causes
· Driver fatigue: Exhausted drivers are unsafe drivers. Accidents resulting from driver fatigue are most common from 11PM to 8AM. It is best to just avoid driving at these late hours. However, if you must drive it is imperative that you stay alert. Take frequent stops for rest or food and if you feel yourself getting sleepy, pull over and rest.
· Inebriated drivers: Drivers under the influence are dangerous. Their recklessness causes tragic fatalities. If you see a driver that you suspect is drunk or under the influence call your local police immediately and avoid the vehicle.
· Inclement weather: Bad weather limits vision. Vision accounts for 90% of a driver's ability to react. When vision is limited, reaction time is equally limited. This means whenever the weather is bad you must slow down and increase your following distances. If it gets too dangerous, pull over. A fifteen minute break is less inconvenient than a car accident.
· Speeding: High speeds mean drivers are less able to react, and that when accidents do occur they are more severe. Even when the road is sparsely populated it is important to maintain a reasonable speed. This ensures that if something suddenly happens on the road you will be able to act accordingly and avoid a tragic accident.
· Distracted drivers: This is the leading cause of car accidents. Drivers who are distracted have the inability to react to changes in the road. Rubbernecking, or taking your eyes off the road to inspect an existing accident, is one of the most common sources of distracted driver accidents. Other common distractions that lead to accidents include: glancing out the windows to look at scenery, interacting with passengers or children in the car, playing with the radio/music while driving, and preening while driving. It is important to pay attention while driving, and keep your eyes on the road as much as possible.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3638187
If your car is damaged in a car accident, Corby's Collision can help you get back on the road fast! We have been in business for 47 years in Vacaville, California. When you do business with us you will not only deal with their qualified and professional staff but, also with Paul himself. He is an Owner/Operator and likes to be "hands on" with everything that goes in and out of the shop.